The Nuclear Training Network (“NTN”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), MyKnowledgeMap Ltd (MKM) is the data controller. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03954387
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is: Adam Doyle (email@example.com)
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* information that you provide to enrol via the NTN web address
* information that you provide for examination registration and certification for any qualification
* information that we request from you and that you provide
* information when you submit an enquiry or question
* a record of correspondence if you contact us
* details about your visit to the NTN and the content you access
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For the performance of our duties and proper use of your data, your information will have to be transmitted between the NTN and yourself. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data and all communications, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted.
When not in transmission, all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
RETENTION OF DATA
You have the right to have personal data erased and to prevent further processing. If you would like to exercise your right to erase, you should contact NSAN (firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing stating which of the following specific circumstances apply. Following erasure, NTN will not be able to recover any data about you, your training, certificates etc
* Personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected and/or processed
* You withdraw consent to your data being held in line with NSAN’s policies
* You object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing to process
* Personal data was unlawfully processed
* Personal data has be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
NSAN may refuse to comply with a request for erasure in the following circumstances:
* To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information
* To comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority
* For public health purposes in the public interest
* Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes
* The exercise or defence of legal claims
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To register you for access to the NTN site
* To provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of the NTN
* To notify you occasionally about important updates, if applicable
* For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer
* To provide aggregated data for the purposes of statistical review of content
We will only contact you by email and using the information provided to us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that the NTN sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
* If the NTN (or a substantial amount of it) is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by them about learners may be one of the transferred assets
* If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
* To protect our rights, property or safety (or those of others)
* For the purpose of examination registration and certification where required to for particular Content
* So that we can administer and support the NTN and your use of the NTN
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Please address any requests to email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which is stored on our computer when you visit a website.
We use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We will use sessions cookies to keep a track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
The NTN uses two cookies:
The essential one is the session cookie, usually called Moodle Session. You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page. When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).
The other cookie is a persistent cookie and is used purely for convenience, usually called something like MOODLE ID. It just remembers your username with the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you. It is safe to refuse this cookie – you will just need to retype your username every time you log in.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools” – “Internet Options” – “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector). This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
By accepting below, you are indicating that you are happy for the Skills Academy and your employer to process your data in accordance with this policy. If you chose not to accept this policy you will not be eligible for an NTN account.